Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Which Civil War General Are You?


Dimitri Rotov runs a very fine blog called Civil War Bookshelf. If you aren't familiar with it, check it out sometime. Yesterday, he passed along this fun little quiz that determines which Civil War General you are. The bloggers over on Civil Warriors took the quiz too. It only takes about 5 minutes to answer the questions. Give it a shot, the results may surprise you. So, which Civil War general are you?

For whatever it’s worth, I took the quiz and learned that I am most like U. S. Grant. I was relieved I didn't have much in common with Nathan Bedford Forest, but my Ambrose Burnside count is disturbingly high.

Here are my results:


You scored as U.S. Grant: One of the most misunderstood figures of the war, your campaign at Vicksburg was a work of military genius, but future generations will come to view you as a butcher who won by weight of numbers. Sorry ‘bout that.

U.S. Grant 70%
William T. Sherman 65%
James Longstreet 65%
Robert E. Lee 55%
Ambrose Burnside 50%
Stonewall Jackson 50%
Jeb Stuart 45%
George McClellan 30%
Nathan Bedford Forrest 30%
Phillip Sheridan 10%

No comments: